Will This Be A Problem now accepts submissions for fiction all around the year. While we occasionally put out submission calls for specific projects, such as our anthologies, which may have different qualifiers, the below is the guideline for everything else.
FICTION SUBMISSION GUIDELINES.
- Works of speculative fiction, science fiction, fantasy and horror by authors from the African continent. If your work does not strong elements in this direction it may not be for us.
- Preferably under 5000 words but we will consider up to 10,000.
- Send your work to email@example.com in doc, docx, odt or rtf formats. Do not send it in the body of the email.
- Send a small bio about yourself, what country you’re from and what name you would like the work to be published under.
- We only consider unpublished work, and we do not consider reprints (work that has been published in another magazine or on your blog or other social media) or fan fiction.
- By submitting a story the author allows Will This Be A Problem to include it in the WTBAP Anthology should it be selected.
- Submissions should primarily be in English though pieces of dialogue and the text may contain other languages.
- If your work is published somewhere else after the Anthology is released we request that you mention Will This Be A Problemas the first place of publication.
The WTBAP anthology is provided for free. We do not make any money off it and thus we do not (as of yet) pay for submissions. However, for our anthologies, we do offer a modest cash prize for our favourite story.